How to Install?

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I'm still new to ASP, but I'm unable to get this control to work. I've searched but can't find a write up on how to install. Got some directions over at asp.net.  I downloaded the DLL and placed in the BIN folder.

I then placed the register line under the page directive:

<%@ Register Assembly="IdeaSparx.CoolControls.Web" Namespace="IdeaSparx.CoolControls.Web" TagPrefix="cc" %>

I then used the following control as:

<cc:CoolGridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" Height="400px" Width="600px">
 </cc:CoolGridView>

I added the Coolgridview in source but switching to design it tells me "There was an error rendering the control. Object refernce not set to an instance of an Object". I'm unable to Debug and run.

I'm using VS2010 with .net4 using master pages. So I created web page with no master and I can actually see the control in design mode and can debug and run. But I get a parser error on the web page to the effect:

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM

ok, I feel stupid. I thought adding the register assembly line on the page in question would be enough. But one has to actually use the Add Reference option. Doh!  It now works.